Caterpillar Corinth Reman Security Technician (Weekend Day Shift) in Corinth, Mississippi
Job Classification: Security Technician
Position Title: Security Technician
Job Code/Salary Grade: 876E / N03
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
The Security/Safety Officer is charged with ensuring the safety of Caterpillar Employees, Visitors, and Staff. This role is responsible for both proactive measures to prevent safety incidents, as well as reacting to and dealing with safety incidents that do arise. Security/Safety Officers role is one of protection and service to all Individuals, facilities, property, and integrity of all company assets. The goal of this position is to enhance the experience of those within Caterpillar by promoting a Safe and Secure Work Environment and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations that are in place for the good of the Corporation.
• Actively monitor grounds, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity/persons, safety/fire hazards and maintenance issues. Report circumstances to the appropriate parties for correction or follow-up.
• Receive emergency calls and respond appropriately.
• Enforce Caterpillar Safety Policies, alerting them and correcting them of infractions, and escorting unwanted or disruptive persons from property when necessary.
• Assist staff and emergency medical personnel in emergencies.
• Respond to alarms and dispatched calls with professional and appropriate response.
• Flexibility to work overtime on short notice – may be required to work alternative shifts as business demands.
• Expected to have strong interpersonal skills and a sense of fairness.
• Must be able to stay calm in tense situations
• Will perform analysis, setup, and monitoring, risk and dangers involved with confined spaces, perform air sampling, ability to reduce any safety concerns, for personnel approval to gain entrance. May be required to perform rescues and clearing of confined spaces if safety risks arise.
• Operate Rescue and Service Equipment Vehicles, Forklifts, Service Buggies, and vehicles’. Also ability to pass Train the Trainer for Forklifts.
• Basic Fire Fundamentals – Understand and Identify different classes of fires, how they can start, spread, risk and dangers involved, control, and extinguishment.
• Expected to safely use Fire Extinguishers, Know the Types of Extinguishers and their basic uses. Perform inspections, and maintain them for safe operations.
• Set up, test, troubleshoot, and maintain in-house sprinkler systems
• Know Basic DOT Regulations, Identify incoming and outgoing Trucking Hazards, Chemicals, etc. and Haz-whopper trained.
• Represent Caterpillar Inc. with Professionalism at all times with good Customer focus.
• Understand and ability to communicate and/or correct all; (Security and Safety Related Policies and Procedures i.e.@, STOP, Safe Job Procedures, Hazardous Risk Assessments, confined space, etc. )
• Knowledge and experience of facilities locations of Utility mains, and hazardous materials
• Must be flexible to work out of multiple locations in both Corinth and Prentiss.
• Must be flexible in hours across all shifts and facilities as coverage and business demands.
• Good Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
Gives clear verbal instructions and directions, to assist Employees, Visitors, and Emergencies Response Teams, (i.e. @ Police or Fire Personnel.)
_Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:_
Current agency workers must have worked the required 90 days to be considered for this position.
• Minimum of 6 month manufacturing experience
• Experience writing basic reports such incidents, accidents, and emails that are clear and precise.
• Experience using Microsoft Office application such as Word and Excel
**Experience with Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
Top Candidates will also have:
• Previous Security experience
• Certified Fire Fighter
• Medical First Responder / EMT
• Certified in Basic First Aid, CPR and AED
• Understanding and ability to associate risk with energized equipment. Perform Lock-out/Tag out procedures to de-energize all sources. (Electrical, Chemicals, Liquids, Air/Gases, etc.)
• Knowledge of Set up, test, troubleshoot, and maintenance of in-house sprinkler systems
• Understand and know basic OSHA regulations.
• Valid Driver’s License – required; Travel to different Caterpillar own buildings for inspections, opening and closings, Emergency Response, safety monitoring, etc.
• Must be physically able to provide CPR, AED, and first aid at any given time.
• Must be able to pass all medical requirements, for Security required task. Respirators, Power industrial Trucks, Hazwhopper, etc.
• Overtime may be required.
Shift: Weekend Days
Work Hours: 6a-6p Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Starting Pay: $14.50 per hour/paid weekly. Will also receive a night shift premium of $.50.
Location: Corinth, MS
This is a full time position with full benefits including 401K with 6% company match.
/Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process./
Job: *Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Title: Corinth Reman Security Technician (Weekend Day Shift)
Requisition ID: 170005S2