AVERITT EXPRESS, INC. Diesel Mechanic- Burbank in Burbank, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/4982472 At Averitt Express, you will work with a team that fully understands the industry and is keen on helping you grow not only as an individual, but with your career as well. Our mechanics are some of the most talented people in the whole company and are the force that keeps our tractors and trailers operating at the highest level.
As an Averitt mechanic, you'll enjoy a $1,000 tool allowance to supplement your own set. You'll be paid per how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing an issue. Like every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want - from company paid ASE testing to advancement into other Averitt positions. Turn to Averitt Express if you are looking for not only a promising and rewarding career, but if you are ready to be a part of something bigger: a legacy that will live forever.
This is a 3rd shift position working Monday - Friday from 10 pm - 8 am.
Diesel Mechanic Functions & Duties:
- Paid clock hours, not book hours
- Clean, safe shop facilities
- $1,000 tool allowance - must have own tools
- Uniforms provided & laundered
- Working on modern, low mileage, private fleet equipment
- Volvos, Freightliners, and/or International ProStars'
- Cummins, Volvo and Detroit engines
- Bumper to bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractor and trailer
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting on computers
- Diesel engine repair
- Preventive maintenance inspection
- Major and minor trailer repairs
- Electrical trouble shooting
- Minor transmission repair
- Brake system repair
- Tire maintenance
- Air conditioning system repair
- Tire & Wheel, Heavy Duty Brake System and A/C Certifications a plus
- ASE Certifications a plus
- Training and Certification requirements
- Preventive maintenance inspection - Requires bending & stooping
- Lubrication - Requires bending & stooping
- Oil change - Requires bending & stooping
- Brake system repair - lift requirement: 105 lbs
- Driveline component repair - lift requirement: 95 lbs
- Trailer body repair -lift requirement: 100 lbs
- Tire maintenance - lift requirement: 95 lbs
- Diesel engine repair - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Heavy duty truck mechanical aptitude
- Air conditioning certification
- Heavy duty brake certification
- Remove and replace vehicle components
Diesel Mechanic Benefits:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$68.75 per week for family
$27.90 per week for unmarried individuals.
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Experienced based pay
- Profit Sharing and 401k plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Paid Holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid time off/ vacation
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid Orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be 18 years of age
Valid Driver's License
No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
No convictions for DUI within t e past 5 years
No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years