Spartan Motors Material Handler - (EC10976) in Bristol, Indiana
Material Handler - (EC10976)
Job Requisition ID: EC10976
Job Title: Material Handler
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Bristol, IN
Post Date: 08/12/2017
SUMMARY: Performs a combination of tasks including but not limited to ordering, filling, kitting, stocking, loading, and inspecting orders accurately and efficiently. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds without assistance, climb a ladder to a height of at least 20 feet, and wear appropriate safety equipment.
• Maintain valid fork lift/stand-up license- including completion of daily fork truck maintenance log and proper maintenance of equipment
• Working knowledge of ERP/MRP and bar code scanners systems
• Responsible for maintaining inventory record accuracy through accurate stock transfers and cycle counts
• Plans and orders materials as required by operations schedule
• Line sets and organizes materials in a timely manner
• Identifies damaged materials
• Places materials to and from a variety of box/skid/containers
• Transports materials to designated areas utilizing appropriate tools/vehicles to accomplish task including but not limited to pallet jack, forklift, stand-up and/or pac mule
• Identifies and communicates shortage parts
• Assists operators as needed by lifting heavy objects
• Participates in quality improvement efforts
• Utilizes good housekeeping practices.
• Assists in maintaining safety standards in all areas of responsibility
• Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and communication.
• Willingness to work OT on short notice
• Preparation and participation in physical inventory.
• Knowledge and application of damage parts procedure
• Familiarity with line set practices and handling methods.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Commitment to a high standard of excellence
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Acute attention to detail
• Familiarity with outlook, word and excel
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• One to two years related experience or equivalent
Spartan Motors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.